Thursday, August 21, 2014

First Aid Washcloths


After I got pregnant it suddenly became incredibly important to me that I have a well rounded first aid kit...I don't know exactly why, it just seemed impossible to be motherly without one.  So, I obsessed for weeks looking for and writing down natural cures, finding the perfect box for bandaids etc., and somewhere along the way I saw a recommendation to have red washcloths in your kit for tending to younger children so the blood on the cloth doesn't scare them (or their mamas!;)).  Genius.  

So even though I had a million other things to do to prepare for a baby, I found myself knitting these.  They are just simple garter stitch cloths, nothing fancy.  I casted on 36 stitches and knit in straight garter stitch.  I slipped the first stitch of each row for a smoother end and they ended up 8" by 8".  They are incredibly simple and incredibly plain, but I love them.  

No comments:

Post a Comment