Sunday, August 3, 2014

Beautiful Things for Boys: Quynn Hat


When I found out I was pregnant I spent countless hours dreaming of all of the wonderful things I could make and collect for our new baby.  Don't get me wrong, I didn't want our baby to have everything, I just wanted to make what our baby did have count and to have the things I made or our purchases well thought out.  When I found out that we were expecting a little boy I was super excited, but I quickly realized that almost all of the ideas I had were for a little girl...there aren't nearly as many cute boy *things* (clothes, toys, crafts) out there.

So, I've decided to put together a little blog series: Beautiful Things for Boys...its going to be a mixture of things to make and buy for all of the little men in our lives.  With everything I bring into my home, I try to make sure that the items are things I love (generally things that are "classic" and won't go out of style), they are well made (they can stand the test of time and are safe), and perform their function, these items will be no different.

My first item is a hat I made for my son last fall.  The pattern is Quynn by Wooly Wormhead with some modifications: I knit only four garter ridges plus the cast on edge before switching to stockinette, and I rounded the top of the hat instead of having it come to a point (more details on my version here).  I loved this hat.  It stayed on well, kept my son warm, and looked so cute on him.  I am definitely planning on making him another (longer) one this year!

1 comment: