Tuesday, March 22, 2011

We're Getting There




Last Friday it hit the low 60's.  After work I shed all of my layers (socks and shoes included) and sat out in the sun, doing nothing else but soaking up its warmth.  I had forgotten how wonderful the warmth of the sun is.

Between a few warm days and more than a few rainy days, our snow is quickly receeding.  We had so much this year and banks were piled so high (touching the roof high) that I was sure that we'd have snow on the ground through July.  I'm happy to say that doesn't look to be true.  In Vermont you can never be certain that spring is on it's way, even when we get days like Friday.  We have had some of our worst winter storms in March, and even April, but we're most certainly getting there.  That seems to be the mantra that I have been repeating to myself these last few weeks "We're not there yet, but we're getting there..."  Knowing that it's coming......sometime....is enough for me.

No comments:

Post a Comment