Thursday, March 24, 2011

In My Workbasket


My garter yoke cardigan.  This is my first time knitting with Peace Fleece and I'm how it's coming together.  It's strong and durable, and the color is gorgeous.


Buttons, buttons, buttons...I have so many projects that are finished, but are waiting on buttons, so Tuesday I went button shopping and came home with some choices...now I just need to sit down and sew them on.



Over a year ago I wanted to try English Paper Piecing, so I made the front of a Dresden Plate Pillow and since then it has sat.  It is still waiting on it's other half, but lately I've had the urge to finish it so hopefully that will happen before too long.



Sunday I was casually talking to my mom about how I was planning to make a sweater for my cousins baby girl, to give at their baby shower on April 22nd...my mom loved the idea, only, the shower was not April 22nd, but the 2nd....ummm, what???  I went back to check my invitation and apparently the person writing the invitation forgot to put the comma between the 2 and 2011, so between that and my complete lack of attention to detail, I thought it was the 22nd and I thought had all the time in the world to knit them a little sweater. 

So Sunday night I c/o for this adorable little sweater and I have been knitting feverishly in my few spare hours a day ever since.  I took this picture last night and since then it has grown by another 2-3 inches.  I'm hoping by tomorrow I will be ready to cast off and then get the sleeves done this weekend (I'm planning on making a long sleeved version to fit her this fall/winter).  That will give me enough time to sew on buttons and block it early next week and have it wrapped by Saturday. Phew.

What are you working on?

No comments:

Post a Comment