Wednesday, March 2, 2011

My Favorite Corner







Over my vacation week I was able to make it up to my favorite little corner of Vermont.  It is where my great great grandparents, great grandmother, and grandmother grew up, and where my mom and I (and our siblings) spent many of our own growing up days.  Now everyone has either moved away or passed away and it's only my great grandmother who is left, though she's not in the house on the hill anymore.  We make sure to get up there about once a month and then when school lets out for the summer we are up there once a week. 

I've never loved a place like I do here.  Just driving through it makes my soul feel free.  It makes me want to run forever and jump and skip and laugh.  There's not much in this little corner.  It's full of fields of farmland, dense forests, beautiful lakes, slate quarries, and what seems like the highest white-tailed deer population on Earth.  That's about it.  There's not much else and hopefully there never will be.

I have a few more pictures to share of this special place coming up this week.  I hope you enjoy looking at the pictures just as much as I enjoy being there.

1 comment:

  1. Amazingly beautiful images. I also enjoyed reading about what they mean to you.

    ReplyDelete