Monday, February 28, 2011

Tea Tasting



Every season I jot down a list of things, fun things, that I would like to do during that season (things like work on my bread baking skills, knit another sweater, watch 3 classic movies, go snowshoeing with Dad etc.).  I find it helps me make sure I'm thoroughly taking advantage of the season, not just "getting through" it.  I usually don't accomplish everything on the list (and if I do I add more), the fun is in trying. 

One of the things left unchecked on my winter list was: have a tea tasting.  The end of February is the most perfect time for a tea tasting, don't you think?  I compared Earl Grey, Lady Grey, Irish Breakfast, and English Breakfast Teas.  Turns out I like them all.  No surprise as I have never met a tea I didn't like, but my favorite had to be the Lady Grey (which according to Twinings is a light and bright blend scented with notes of citrus). 

Anyone have another tea I should try?

3 comments:

  1. I'm from the Netherlands and we've got all sorts of tea. All kinds of fruit like cherry, strawberry, melon, tropical fruit. Also herb tea like: cinnamon and typical Dutch: Zoethout, it taste a bit like Liquorice.
    These teas aren't too sweet.. Whenever I visit the states, i'll bring my own tea!
    I can send you some if you want! :)

    Love your blog!
    José (It's a Dutch girlsname pronounced Yo-say :))

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for visiting Jose!! :) I'm definitely a big herbal tea fan too, my favorite is either peach or raspberry tea!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is such a great idea! I never have been able to tell the difference between English Breakfast and Earl Grey. I should compare them together so I can cement it in my brain :)

    ReplyDelete