Wednesday, May 11, 2011

April Hike













April flew by and I found myself on the 30th without a hike under my belt.  I didn't want to go.  I wanted to have a lazy day at home doing nothing.  Nevertheless, I forced myself out the door and into the woods, and once I got there I was certainly glad I did.  It's amazing how much has changed in these woods in the last four weeks.  I think I said that last month too.  It's amazing how much change can happen in such a short amount of time in a place that is becoming so familiar.  It seems like I should have seen it all by now, I've hiked in the same (or close to the same) area of woods for the past four months, but each time I go there is something new to discover, a mystery to reveal.

This time around there were flowers and birds, butterflies along the trails, vernal pools to explore, discarded birds nests to inspect, and open water for young duck couples (soon to be duck families??? I'll be watching and hoping!). 

See this same section of woods here: January, February, March.

No comments:

Post a Comment