Monday, May 23, 2011

Random Bits

A pile of goodies arrived in the mail late last week.  Lots to keep me occupied for the 9(more) days of rain.  [It feels like the rain is never going to stop!] On the bottom are new Moleskine notebooks, one of which is to soon become a gardening/food preservation journal.

I also bought this book yesterday on impulse after seeing a clip on tv about this cat, but the hubby seems to have taken this one over for the time being.

I have been listening to this cover on YouTube constantly for the last week.  My husband has gotten to the point where he just says "Again??!?" when he hears the first few notes of the piano.  It is amazing.  Her voice is amazing.  I would give almost anything to be able to sing like that.


I recently remembered how much I love to draw.  They're nothing special, no more than simple sketches, but I'm loving the down time to concentrate on nothing other than putting pencil to paper. (This is a sketch of my Grandma Great's house...oh how I love that house.)


I recently found 10 old rolls of film that I had taken around middle school age and a roll of film that my parents took...sometime...perhaps before children? We're not sure.  I found a developer online that still develops them and will be sending them off this week.  I'm anxiously awaiting seeing what treasures are on those rolls, it feels like opening a time capsule.

I've decided that when we have our own house and I can get chickens, my first flock will have a mix of Buff Orpingtons and Araucana's...just thought you'd like to know. :) 

Wishing you a great start to your week!

No comments:

Post a Comment