Wednesday, February 22, 2012

Seafarer











Our school district is currently under a very serious threat of strike and with that we're trying to cut down even more on non-essential purchases and therefore, I am trying to knit from my (very small) yarn stash. This hat was a product of that and the start to my current navy and white stripe obsession. I was aiming for a young child size, somewhere between a 3-7 year old and I think this falls somewhere in that range. I imagine it being worn along a rocky coast while watching ships out at sea while maybe the foghorn on the lighthouse bellows, hence the name. I always like to hear how projects get their names, I hope you do too. (Blogger has been very uncooperative with me the past few days and its now refusing to let me link, but if you're interested the details of this hat are listed on my Ravelry page....the link is to the right --->).




This week is my February vacation week and I've already crammed in visits with friends, house projects and knitting (there's another navy and white project on the needles), today my dad is coming over and we are ripping down dark, faux wood paneling and hanging sheetrock. It should be a good time.

2 comments:

  1. I really love this hat. I am slightly obsessed with stripes myself as well as knitting, will check out your hat on Ravelry! I hope the school strike won't last too long if it ends up happening.

    ReplyDelete
  2. sweet! I love it! I'll for sure check out the link.
    XO
    C

    ReplyDelete